On our way back to Okinawa we also stopped in Washington and stayed in the North Cascades area for five days.
On a sign at one of the trailheads there was written a John Muir quote that best describes our experiences in Alaska and the North Cascades: "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings... Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves."
Sauk Mountain Hike...
It took McCall all of about ten minutes on top to fall and earn this goose egg, which remained with her for a few weeks.
Summer Hiking Snow Hats
It had been a while since we had been able to partake of one of the most coveted perks of alpine hiking. Summer hiking snow hats were a big hit with Denver and McCall.
Cascade Pass Hike...
As always, Juniper was quite a trooper and had a great time. She especially loved rolling around in the meadow at Cascade Pass.
Skagit River Hikes...
4 comments:
What fun trips. Love the John Muir qoute and we really loved McCall's socks.
Awesome pictures. I'm glad you were able to have such a great time on your way back home. (We miss you guys) I can't believe McCall's goose egg! Holy cow, she is accident prone! Love the new family photo on the right.
Seriously jealous that you got to take some hikes in my backyard. Oh what I wouldn't give to be back in the Northwest. I miss the Cascades!
I heart Washington.
Post a Comment